Why is February known as National Wedding Month ~ Not because it is the month of love, but February is the month that couples are putting together the details for their Spring & Summer weddings!! So much goes into a wedding and making your day amazing, beautiful, memorable and magical means lots of planning and preparation. Below are just a few things that a couple may include in their preparations and perhaps if you have a family member or friend getting married sometime soon, these could be helpful for you when chatting about her big day!!
Bridal Showers Or Tea Party Showers ~
For many family and friends of the bride, planning the Bridal Shower is a key component of the wedding process. What’s the latest trend in these celebrations? Tea party showers! There are more opportunities to create a unique event with a bridal shower. For example, you could plan a casual gathering among close friends, or an all-out formal event. The great idea behind tea parties is that they can be either. For brides with simple, more laid-back tastes, having a tea party in one’s home might be best. If this is the case, there are great tips all over the internet on how to pick out tablecloths, china and even where to order some genuine British scones! If your bride has more extravagant tastes, it might be a good idea to look into tea rooms in your area. Tea rooms can offer larger spaces, more variety and a more formal atmosphere.
Will Your Wedding Be Over A Holiday Weekend ~
Sometimes a couple may want their wedding over a holiday so more people are able to attend and others avoid it. Should you be able to set aside a block of rooms for your guests will make it easier, but remember to book them early as they will fill up fast.
Designate A Person For All The Tasks ~
Are you working with a wedding coordinator or planner? If not, you will need to designate your family & friends to help out with certain things! Being really organized is a great way to make sure everything runs smoothly and provide a list of your day to the wedding party so everyone knows exactly where to be and when. Utilize your maid of honor and your bridesmaids for help along the way. And don’t forget to ask the groomsmen for help too.
Choosing Your Vendors ~ Caterer, Florist, Photographer, DJ, Videographer, Musician(s), etc
Getting referrals is always a good choice and should you have already met these vendors at another wedding, that can be especially helpful. Or if you have a wedding coordinator or planner, be sure to ask them for their advice on people they may already know or have worked with. Sometimes the resort or venue has a list of vendors too!
These are just a few key areas to focus in on, but know that whatever you do for your wedding, making it fun is the most important part. It is your day to create and cherish for many many years. I wish you only the best!! Happy planning and celebrating & should you know of anyone looking for a wedding photographer, please pass my name & number to them. I am booking for 2015 & 2016 weddings and would love to talk with them about their special day!! http://creativeimagesoflife.com / 541-948-3195.
It is always a treat to get out and explore! I love collecting photos along the way while remembering all the fun that was part of the adventure. There are beautiful rock formations and stunning colors in Zion, UT, an endless exploration of The Red Rocks in Las Vegas, NV, the quiet allure of a organic farm not too far from where I live. So much to see and enjoy and I found that to take it all in…in one big breath is too much, but instead, to take it in through bits and pieces. Exploring our surroundings from small to big allows us to get out of the normal everyday schedule and open our eyes to what is….above us, next to us, in front of us and breathe in the world a little differently. With these photos, I am reminded to stop, even if for a moment each day and close my eyes, take in the beauty that surrounds me and enjoy the wonderfulness of the day. I hope you enjoy them too!! Smiles ~ Stacie
Do you have a high school senior graduating next year? Or do you know of a senior that needs senior photos? There is still time to create a special & wonderful session just for them. What kind of stylized session do they envision? I can help create that creative and unique session!! The backdrop and beauty of Bend and the surrounding area are one of a kind, so think about what fits your graduate!! Below are a few reminders and helpful hints when planning a High School Senior Session –
– Outfit choices….this is very important. Clothing should be well thought out and one that enhances the gal or guy. Matching eye or hair color to the clothes is a great option as it will really pop the colors in the photo. Bring 2-3 tops or outfits to change into to have a variety of images.
– Location….another really important piece of a great senior session. With all that Bend and the outlying areas have to offer for backdrops, parks, urban scenes and so much more, the options are abound for places to photograph. Multiple locations are part of my senior sessions and I typically suggest at least one place that is special to the person, such as a favorite park, downtown, your backyard, etc.
– Hair & Makeup…..this is vital for the ladies. We want your eyes and skin to be eye-catching!! So, we often use a make-up artist to help with this. We want your coloring to be beautiful and stand out in the photos. Hair is important too as the style you choose that day enhances your outfit & makeup! I can help with both of these items…just let me know.
– Distractions…..Often people want to accompany you on your senior session and help with this or that or just be a support for you. It is okay to have one of your friends come along, but know that the session is about you…not your friends.
– A parent wants to come along…..absolutely. If the graduate to be is okay with this, then we encourage Moms or Dads to be part of the session. Sometimes, however it is best to be surprised too and see the photos when they are ready. Each family has their preference, so I say…talk about it with each other and see what works best!
– Product options…..this is the fun part…besides the session of course! What do you want to do with your photos? Give your friends a wallet of yourself, make a 5×7 album for Grandma, have a few images framed for your parent’s desk at work, a canvas print or two for the walls at home? There are many options and products, but I have kept it simple by offering a select few products that most of my clients choose ~ Prints, Portraits (such as canvas, metallic or bamboo) or Albums. When I set your consultation, we will go over what is available. If you are looking for something different, I will see what I can do to find what you are looking for!
– Packages & Pricing…..There are a few package & pricing options! To see what is best for you…please visit my website at: http://creativeimagesoflife.com and look under investment. I am happy to create a specialty package just for you! If you know someone who is looking for their High School Senior photos to be done, please pass along my contact information. Sessions are filling up and the deadline for yearbook photos is just around the corner!!
– Images….Below are a few images from a few of my High School Senior sessions ~ Enjoy!
There are so many reasons that families get together and even more so during the summer! There are graduations, weddings, just wedding receptions, birthday parties, anniversaries, reunions and catching up that brings families to join each other for some momentous occasion. This summer, I have had the sincere treat of meeting lots of families…some from here in Bend to others from far-away. There are smiles and laughter and those that are dressed their best. There are young and not so young celebrating, laughing, dancing and having a fantastic time. There are new babies to be introduced and others that could not make it and are there in spirit, but what I so enjoy is…meeting the people who have invited me to be part of their day, their celebration, their family for a few hours while I photograph all the wonderfulness of the day! Integrating into a family is my specialty, getting to know them and what brings them all together. As I photograph the families, there are always important shots to get…..of just the siblings, the generational photos, the grand-kid’s photos, the group photos and so much more. But the candid photos are my favorite, catching someone hugging someone else, a game being played by some of the kids, someone dancing, a few people clustered around talking, or someone making a toast, all of these images are a peek into the moments that will be remembered when the photos are delivered. It is a joy knowing that the memories will be carried through long after the event is over and I hope that I have captured that family togetherness through my photos that will be shared over & over.